Friday, May 8, 2009

My Favorite Things

So, after sitting on the highway for about 4 hours to get home to Jersey, I decided what my future posts will be on. The little (or big) things in life that make me happy. Haha.

Because that is my life - being happy. =)

Favorite Thing #1:

This Favorite Thing was actually inspired by my long trip back. I was tired and grumpy, but yet, everytime I saw a car carrier truck (I couldn't find the "official" name anywhere online) it makde me smile! I think they're so cute. Why? It looks like their wearing hats!


But my question is ... how exactly do they get those cars on that truck? And not fall off? Especially when you're driving past the truck at 80 miles an hour and the wind is blowing and you wonder ... how secure are those cars?

1. You drive the car up the ramp

2. Get out of said car once you've driven up the ramp

3. Slowly use the mechanics to lift car (did you do step two? or else you're screwed)

4. Check mechanics/lock car in place (this will only work if you did step two)

5. Admire your work!

Image Source: http://www.ship-auto.com/how_a_car_is_loaded.php

TaDa! ^_^ Aren't they cute? I love their little car hats!

5 comments:

nk said...

hahahah after randomly checking your blog practically every other day, I see that you've finally updated it! GOOD JOB :) haha i've never thought about it as a hat! cuuuuute.

dani said...

haha that's awesome, xiao...i love how you looked up how they loaded the cars up there. i've always wondered how they did that.

Jennifer Wang said...

you do sound happy!

nk said...

HELLO are you like unhappy or what?? hahhaaha POST ANOTHER ENTRY. share your happiness :)

Angela said...

WHAT THE HECK I wasn't subscribed to your blog how strange.

Okay so after reading I can understand why you like them but let me tell you - I HATE THEM! M and I were just talking about it when we were driving somewhere the other day. I'm terrified of them on the highway because I just imagine them uncoupling and tumbling down on me in ant direction. I can't drive close to one I always have to zoom past it or slow waay down. Haha.