Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Favorite Thing #2

Superstitions.

What about them? I love them. Haha. SOME people say I have too many, but i don't even know how they came about most of the time. I'm not so sure I should call them superstitions. They're more like ... good luck charms! ^_^

---

Three of the ones I'm probably more known for:

- I can't go to the second stall of the bathroom to pee. ITS BAD. Or there might be a ghost in there. I'm really not too sure which one it is. When I was in 5th grade, a girl told me a story about the ghost in the second stall. So since then, I've resent peeing in the second stall. You may ask, what if there's only two? Well, its finger crossies all the way. Haha, don't know what that is, well, I guess you're not very superstitious then.

- Lifting my feet up when crossing railroad tracks. ITS GOOD LUCK! I really have no idea why. Haha ... One time on the way home from the beach my Junior or Senior year of high school I was told I HAD to lift my feet up, and its stuck with me. And it really does give you good luck!

- Changing the color of my toe nail polish before big events. This started off before college swim meets when I needed something to relax me, I would change the nail polish of my toes. This started to become a ritual that started to bleed into my non-swimming life.

---

Funny how these work right? Doing these things really do make me feel better, and I'm not even sure why. I totally know its all mental, but why not? Its all in good fun anyway! ^_^

2 comments:

dani said...

haha my OCD is not nearly as fun as your good luck charms! I especially like the railroad tracks one!

nk said...

UDPATE